Translate

06 junio, 2018

Monthly Recommendations | Audiobooks

Hey readers!
Today I bring you the first Monthly Recommendation post. For those who don't know, Monthly Recommendation is a Goodreads group where we have a monthly theme for book recommendations to share on our BookTube channels or blogs.
June theme is Audiobooks so, let's begin!

I haven’t always been an audiobook listener. But about five months ago, I realized that if I got in the habit and chose the right books, I could get more reading in. And I love the sound of reading more!

Listening to audiobooks isn’t cheating—to us, listening is pretty much the same as reading a physical book. But it differs in that I can listen to audiobooks while doing the dishes, walking to school, bullet journaling, etc.

I don’t listen to just anything on audio. I’m looking for audiobooks that enable me to read on the go. I don’t want audiobooks that can substitute for the written word, I want audiobooks that enhance it.
For me, that means a great narrative.

Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling

Narrated by Jim Dale

Jim Dale does the best voices and I love when an audiobook is read and the voice actor does different voices for the characters. I think if you are a Harry Potter fan then Harry Potter audiobooks are a must.

Yes Please by Amy Poehler

Narrated by Amy Poehler and others

The reviews on this are mixed: if you're on the fence, definitely go for the audiobook recording with a full cast including Carol Burnett, Seth Meyers, Patrick Stewart, and even Amy's parents.


Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Narrated by Adoja Andoh

I loved how the narrator helped me sink into the story, which takes place in Nigeria, the United States, and briefly in the U.K., and taught me how to correctly pronounce the characters' Nigerian names and cities.



Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

Narrated by Nail Gaiman

It’s hard to say which Neil Gaiman novel you should listen to as an audiobook. There are a lot of books to choose from on Audible and they’re all narrated by the author himself. One of the most recommended titles by Gaiman fans for newbies is his very first novel: Neverwhere.


Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

Narrated by Rachel McAdams

It's the classic you know and love, in a newly released audio version narrated by Rachel McAdams. For kids, this is an excellent introduction to Anne. For adults, Rachel's new narration is a wonderful way to revisit an old favorite.





Please tell me in comments which audiobooks do you like the most—I’d love to discover a new favorite today!

See you soon
   -Andrea

1 comentario:

  1. Great recommendations! Harry Potter with Jim Dale was #1 on my list as well. I think Yes, Please would be well worth listening to, rather than simply reading it.

    ResponderEliminar